79 Things I Did in 2021Dec 07, 2021
Happy Tuesday, friend! And Happy December!
It's this time of the year when I look back to see what happened. What I did and to get a birds-eye view of the year.
As I was putting this list, I thought, "Holly-molly, I did a lot!"
These are the 77 things I did in 2021 (and I probably forgot a few).
1. Recovered physically from giving birth. It's not a small tall.
- Exercised daily, rain or shine - yoga, walking, Pilates, dance, barre, stretching. I also took breaks on some days, but that wasn't too often.
- Created an online business platform - now I can run my business online.
- Read the book "Elevating Child Care" by Janet Lansbury 3 times. And now, re-reading it again. Because it's so good.
- Read the book "The Aware Baby" by Aletha Solterand cried my eyes out. Because there is nothing wrong with crying LOL
- Have been the best mom I could possibly be - tending for Amari's needs, emotions, cuddles, playfulness, and more.
- Started my blog and started regular weekly newsletters - WOW!
- Clarified for me some boundaries around my parents - especially in terms of taking parenting advice. I know they mean their best, and things change, evolve, and plainly - I want to do parenting MY WAY.
- Attended an online summit on Natural Parenting - and got a few great ideas, especially around play and communication.
- Read the book "Untamed" by Glennon Doyle and f*cking loved it! I want to read it again, it's so good.
- Re-connected with some old friends, whom I haven't seen in years. I missed them so much and they visited us in Boston this year. Woohoo!
- Spend a few days chatting with my close friend, meditating, channeling, and figuring out life. What would I do without her?!
- Had several healing sessions and learned some new healing modalities so that I can feel better sooner.
- Designed my own website - with help from an amazing artist in India.
- Released judgment around money and realized that money is a tool. When used with awareness and care, it can be an amazing tool.
- Slept a lot - to catch up on sleepless nights. Who knew that having a baby is a lot about learning to function on way less sleep.
- DROPPED PROCRASTINATION OF ANY SORT! Because with only a few hours available to work, you can't procrastinate.
- Dropped PERFECTIONISM. For the same reason.
- Was very organized around money and had fun being organized.
- Read the book "Chillpreneur" by Denise Duffield-Thomas & implemented a bunch of things to make my life easier.
- Laughed a lot! At Amari and with Amari. At Steven and with Steven. At myself, at life.
- Cried some. Both happy and sad tears. Especially at times when I was very exhausted physically.
- Made love. Yaaaammmm.
- Asked for what I want: flowers, rest, time to myself, nature, ideas, help.
- Read the book "We should all be millionaires" by Rachel Rodgers and learned a few useful tricks.
- Attended monthly women's circle with other 4 beautiful ladies. Felt seen, heard, hugged, and loved.
- Meditated a few times each week. And that was a huge relief.
- Sat with a lot of hard emotions - especially right after giving birth. Forgave a lot!
- Embraced my sensitivity and started seeing beauty in it. 28. I love my hubby so much!!! I gave him many kisses in 2021.
- Had numerous great conversations with my partner Steven. From money, sex, polyamory, patriarchy, trees, to metaphysics.
- At times, was too hard on myself.
- Apologized for my mistakes a bunch of times.
- Had beautiful flowers in our house all year round.
- Read the book "The Montessori baby" by Simone Davies and loved her ideas on creating intentional space.
- Participated in two online communities for entrepreneurs.
- Planted flowers around our house.
- Kept the house beautiful and well-organized.
- Hired a cleaning lady to help with cleaning.
- Had many very good meals, thanks to Steven.
- Created my first online course - it was SOOO much work. And SOOO much fun.
- Launched my first online course!
- Hired two amazing ladies part-time to help me with the technical aspects of my online business.
- Played a match-maker for two amazing people. Now they are in love and I am so happy for them.
- Worked with several long-term clients.
- Did spiritual channeling for clients and a few friends.
- Created goals for every week and followed through. Had accountability buddies.
- Took three online courses on marketing.
- Took an online course on money mindset.
- Decluttered the shit out of our house.
- Received amazing presents, gifts, clothes for Amari - thank you!
- Stayed away as much as I could from social media to keep myself focused.
- Grew some tomatoes, letters, parsley, green onions, peppers, and cucumbers.
- Took a writing class.
- Created an office space where I can function and enjoy it.
- Read the book "It's not your money" by Tosha Silver and am still digesting it.
- Had fun with make-up and dress-up. Laughed at me about it.
- Had a beautiful photoshoot 3 months after giving birth.
- Felt HAPPY many times - with Amari, Steven, myself, friends, and while creating things.
- Enjoyed nature a lot.
- Did nothing many times. Especially on weekends.
- Talked to my spiritual teacher and was reminded that I am always growing and learning something. I am so grateful for her.
- Felt a lot of trust, being supported and guided.
- Got vaccinated.
- Shifted my retirement money to a company that is ethical and transparent.
- Started donating a percentage of money from every sale to remove CO2 from the atmosphere.
- Landed money to women who are building their business in other countries.
- Supported financially an independent writer who writes on parenting and children's rights.
- Donated money to a friend who lost her father due to COVID.
- Donated money to several non-profit organizations.
- Donated clothes to charity.
- Had way more fun in my work and started embodying the concept that "Work can be fun."
- Had many delightful moments - very simple and joyful. For example, cuddling with Amari.
- Wrote letters to my grandma.
- Celebrated my birthday in Arcadia National Park - thanks, Steven!
- Learned to make amazing pancakes with pumpkin.
- Stayed away from politics - intentionally. It was too draining.
- Received help from our amazing nanny - with Amari. It was life-saving.
- Received help from friends around meals right after giving birth.
- Felt very alive!
In a nutshell, this past year has been everything - challenging, delightful, comic, painful, hopeful, spiritual, and very human.
I hope that you had an amazing year yourself.