This Woman Changed My LifeFeb 15, 2022
LIVE YOUR LIFE FEARLESSLY.
FOLLOW YOUR JOY.
This is a very simple message, yet largely lost in our society. Fear is a common reason:
- to stay at a job,
- to stay in a relationship,
- to not say to yourself or others what feels right to say,
- to not live your life the way you want to live.
- to not be authentic to yourself.
And because it is so common, living anything else but out of fear is considered crazy, outrageous even. But it's NOT.
Because if you do not follow your heart, you die - literally and metaphorically. You get sick - physically or mentally. And your body's way to communicate to you, "Hey, pay attention!" is through illness - not the easiest way.
When I read Anita Moorjani's book, "Dying to Be Me", 8 years ago, I was
- heavily scientific &
- heavily unhappy
I meditated - did Vipassana retreats - but approached them from a heavily mental perspective. To reduce stress and anxiety. Spirituality didn't exist in my world at the time.
And then I read Anita's book. About her experience around getting incurable cancer, getting cured, and most importantly - realizing that she is (everyone is) a soul on a journey. There is no Hell. There is no Judgement. But there are choices around HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES.
What followed was a roller coaster in my own life.
- I immersed myself in spirituality and tried to understand what it is about.
- I got divorced
- I had tons of spiritual experiences, healings, studies, teachings, learnings, etc.
- I traveled the world
- I left my job
- I got re-married, had a baby, published 2 books, released a musical album, started painting, dancing, started my own business, and more!
I ACTUALLY STARTED LIVING MY LIFE. INSTEAD OF FEARING ALL THE F*CKING TIME.
This book is tremendous. So, if you haven't read it yet - I highly recommend it.
P.S. This year is the 10th-year anniversary of this book, btw.